As a portrait photographer, I like being asked questions. It helps me connect with my clients on a more personal level. If you still have any questions not found below, schedule a call with me, and I'd love to help you!
Tell me more.
What is your availability
If you have a dream date in mind, I recommend reaching out to me at least a few weeks ahead of time. Available dates can get taken quickly, so don't wait!
What is the best time for my portraits?
There are two optimal times of day, and they are both Golden Hour. This is the the first hour after sunrise and the last hour before sunset,. Golden hour lighting provides your photos with the best light, with warm colors, and long shadows that just make your photos look dreamy. Of course, not all younger children are able to be up at those hours, but not to worry, with my experienced techniques, we can create beautiful images no matter what time of day.
Who is your ideal client?
My clients are those who are ready to let their guard down and be themselves. The ones who look put together when out and about, but their home is always a mess in between guest visits. They know that photography is more than just a snapshot, it's a reflection of a moment that can be shared and passed down for generations to come. My clients are couples and parents and individuals that know the world can be a crazy place, but when take a second to slow down, their world stops just for them.
Do you do individual portrait sessions?
Yes! I have experience in just about portrait situation. Individuals, groups, large extended families, weddings, headshots, graduating seniors, maternity, and more!
What are your rates?
I provide all starting prices on my website, but most clients end up spending more. Some may spend a few thousand, some may spend a few hundred. Most end up somewhere in between.
What is a session fee, and what does it include??
Your session fee covers the following:
Pre-session consultation to discuss your vision as well as the creative portrait session at your desired location.
Images are not included with the session fee, and can be purchased afterward at your Reveal Session!
What is the reveal session?
This is probably my favorite part of our experience together. We will connect in person or online and you will get to see all your beautiful photos for the first time displayed as an album and custom artwork. Why is this my favorite? Since it's a live meeting, I get to see my clients reactions, and let me just say, the emotions are overwhelming!
At this session, you will also have the last opportunity to order your very own album, artwork, or gifts for the family.
What is the turnaround time for photos?
When your images are ready, typically within about 2-3 weeks for portraits, I will notify you that your proofing
gallery is ready for viewing. From there we will coordinate on a time that works best your viewing and ordering session. If you pre-ordered any wall art, albums, or prints, those orders will be processed and available for pickup as soon as they are ready.
Are custom packages available?
Everything about your photography session revolves around you and your wants and needs. Because the session fee and artwork prices are separate, you only pay for what you love. I do provide several packages that are the most popular as starting points, but of course, you are more than welcome to design it how you see fit using an a la carte approach.
Are you LGBTQ friendly?
Of course! All individuals, couples and families are welcome. If you've got the love, than rest assured you will receive the same care, attention, and respect as anyone else. I will go out of my way to make sure you are completely comfortable.
Do you travel?
Yes, I love to travel! If you've got a destination in mind beyond the Greater Boston area, let me know! I'd be happy to consider traveling. With packages for elopements or adventure portraiture, if you've got a vision I've got you covered!
Do you sell just digital images?
I recognize we are in the age of technology, so yes, I do sell just the digital images. However, I find that my clients are much more satisfied with their purchase when they receive something tangible, archivable, and unique, like wall art or an album.
That is because with physical products, the file will never be corrupted. It is a real moment, printed on archival quality papers, ready to be felt over and over again.
That said, I do include a digital copy of any printed artwork you select so that you can share it instantly with all your friends and family.
Do you have a referral program?
Over 90% of my business is generated through referrals. If you refer someone to me, make sure to have them mention your name! I offer a credit reward program that you can collect and stack together with each successful referral. (Yes, you can get a free session!)
How do I book my photoshoot?
Ready to rock? Just hit that "schedule call" button below and I'll reach out to you to discuss your vision and plan the best way to tell your story. After that, simply pay the non-refundable booking fee, sign the contract, and you're good to go! Easy Peasy!
Can I use my session fee for a different date?
If availability allows you are allowed to reschedule your session within a reasonable amount of time, but a re-booking fee will be required for the new time slot. I do this to be fair to my clients. When I am holding someone's session for a particular date, I am turning away other clients who may have wanted your original date.
- A non-fundable booking fee of 50% of the total is due to hold your time. In exchange, I will not advertise your time slot to any other potential clients. This fee will be credited towards your final balance.
- Final balance is due in total before final images are released to the client.
- Packages are for up to (6) persons. Add $25 per person after the first 6 people.
- Starting pricing shown is provided as one location only and is for outdoor spaces of your choosing. For additional locations, please request a quote.
- For studio or in-your-home sessions, additional fees may apply.
- Travel is included within 10 miles of Malden, MA. Travel fees may apply for any locations further than 10 miles outside of Malden, MA.
- If your location requires parking, permits, or additional fees, they will be added on to your total order.
- No other party may take images of or during the session. This is because it can slow down or interfere with the session. Photographer reserves the right to terminate the session at any time if this is not followed. You are paying for professional pictures, please put the cell phone away :)
- A print release will be provided with all digital image orders.
- Digital files are delivered in JPEG format only. RAW or unedited files will not be delivered and may not be purchased.
- Sales tax is not included in any listed prices. State sales tax will be applied as required at time of your final payment.
- M. DiSalvatore Photography maintains any and all copyrights of all images including proofs and final copies. Screen grabbing is forbidden. Purchased images may be used for personal use only unless additional rights are purchased separately.
- All terms are subject to change without prior notice. All rates and terms will be locked in at time of received payment.
- It is my intention to follow any applicable state and federal recommendations for COVID-19 safety protocol. I encourage masks and social distancing wherever possible. Client should provide their own PPE and sanitizer.
Bring em on!